Street 11 , Mondul I , Siem Reap, Cambodia ( Between Old market and Pub Street)
(+855)063 900 027
(+855)95 727 281
Enter a world that time has forgotten, the single most important breeding ground in Southeast Asia for globally threatened large water birds. Visit the floating villages and cruise across Tonle Sap, the largest fresh water lake in Southeast Asia. The trip will also include a visit to 2 different fishing villages. Then dock with the Queen Tara for meal and drinks, enjoy the stunning scenery from the biggest boat on the lake.
Meet your expert bird guide at your hotel, and proceed via air-conditioned car or minivan to the boat dock area. Transfer onto a mini tara boat, a special flat bottomed boat driven by experienced local boat drivers. On the way to the Prek Toal Sanctuary, you will pass through the floating village where everything floats, including police stations, shops, schools, and markets. Next, proceed across the great lake, Tonle Sap, and enter into the Prek Toal floating community. You will meet up with the local rangers and transfer onto their boats for the trip inside the Biosphere reserve. These boats are much smaller and can get in closer to the viewing platforms. For the keen bird watches, smaller row boats that will allow the local guide to row you up close to where the birds are nesting are used.
Of the three core areas of the biosphere on the Tonle Sap Lake, Prek Toal is the most popular with birdwatchers. The best time to explore is the dry season between December to May when flocks of migratory birds congregate at Prek Toal. While the dry season progresses and the water recedes, the number of birds increase, but the tour to some of the more important viewing areas becomes more difficult. This is an incredible sight, as thousands of huge water birds call this sanctuary home.
Afterwards, head back to meet up with the mini Taras, then cross the lake to meet up with the Queen Tara, in the heart of the floating village. There, you can enjoy a full lunch and drinks. Take sometime to relax on our plentiful hammocks or enjoy the stunning scenery from the biggest boat on the lake. Then meet up with your air conditioned minivan for the journey back to your Siem Reap accommodation.
Milky Stork, Laiwted Stork, Asian open bill, Lesser Adjutant, Greater, Black headed Ibis, Great Egret
Spot-billed Pelican, Little Cormorant, Indian Cormorant, Oriental Darter, Masked Fin foot
1. Tour Summary of Prek Toal Tonle Sap Biosphere Reserve
- Tour of lotus farm
- Tour of floating village of Chong Khneas
- Tour of Crocodile & Fish Farm
- Tour of the Great Lake
2. Tour Detail Information
- Price 165$ per person
- Child price (5 years to 10 years charge 50% and Under 5 year free of charge)
- Departure: Daily
- Tour duration : 6:00am – 3:00pm
- Pick up 1 hour before departure time. This is the sharing tour
3. The include service in the tour price
- Free Pick up & return in A/C minivan or car depending on the group size
- English speaking tour guide
- Free 2 Drinks (soft drink, beer, cocktails, wine, or spirits )
- Entrance fee to the Biosphere Reserve Rangers boat plus paddle boat and boat crews
- Tour of the Bird Sanctuary at the Prek Toal Biosphere Reserve
- All Check Point fees included in Price
***REMINDERS: Please be ready 1 hour before departure time for pick-up service. This is a shared tour.